1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup sweetener1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts 1/2 pint fresh blueberries, washed 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together until there are no lumps.
- Next, whisk the almond milk and apple cider vinegar together. Set aside and let sit. This forms a vegan version of buttermilk.
- In a small bowl, combine the vanilla extract, melted vegan butter, and coconut milk together.
- Now, push all the flour mix to the sides of the bowl to make a little empty nest in the middle. Pour in half of the ‘buttermilk’ and stir gently. Now, pour in half of the coconut milk mixture and mix again.
- Alternate between the two until all the wet ingredients have been incorporated.
- Let the pancake batter sit for 5 minutes so that the flavors infuse. This also lets the baking powder react with the apple cider vinegar to create a super fluffy pancake 😋
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto pan and cook until you see bubbles forming, 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional minute.
- Continue this method to make as many pancakes as your heart desires.
- Serve up to hungry friends or family. Enjoy! 😀